- Tickets for Main Stage plays are $22 for adults and $19 for students, seniors, and military plus a 10% service fee
- Tickets for musicals are $26 for adults and $23 for students, seniors, and military plus a 10% service fee
- Shade Tree Players Conservatory plays and musicals are $15 for adults and $12 for students, seniors, and military plus a 10% service fee
- Shade Tree Players Academy plays and musicals are $10 for adults and $7 for students, seniors, and military — these tickets are available at the door only
- Tickets may be purchased in advance on our website or at the door with cash, card, or check (American Express is currently not accepted)
- Ticket prices listed here are subject to change per event
- Your seat is not guaranteed after the posted curtain time.
- For shows with high demand, we reserve the right to resell tickets that have not been redeemed by curtain time.
- Latecomers will be seated at the discretion of the staff.
Box Office Hours
- The box office will be open at 6:00 p.m. on the evening of 7:30p.m. performances, 12:30 p.m. on the day of 2:00 p.m. matinees, and 1.5 hours prior to any other show time.
- We encourage everyone to buy their tickets in advance and online to reduce lines and wait times at the door.
- Please call 701-258-4998 to schedule a box office appointment.
- Tickets are unable to be exchanged online — all ticket exchanges must be completed through the box office by calling 701-258-4998 or in person
- Tickets must be exchanged twenty-four hours prior to performance
- Tickets must be exchanged for a performance of the same show
- All ticket sales are final — refunds will not be granted for unused tickets
- We reserve the right to resell any seats which are unclaimed after the scheduled start time of any performance
- Unused tickets are eligible for a tax-deductible receipt if claimed within twenty-four hours of a performance
Cameras and other recording equipment
Cameras and other recording equipment are strictly prohibited during any performance. Theater management reserves the right to ask any patron who is observed recording a performance or invited dress rehearsal to leave the premises without a refund.
The use of cellphones for calls or texting is prohibited during performances. The use of these devices is disruptive to both the actors on stage and other patrons. Any patron who is observed using a cell phone during a performance may be asked to leave without a refund.
Babes-in-arms, small children, and pets
As a theater serving the community, it is our highest priority to make theater accessible and enjoyable to as many people as possible. Small children are admitted but they must be able to remain quietly in their own seat. Babes-in-arms are not permitted. Pets are also not permitted on the premises with the exception of service animals.
Bad weather policy and performance cancellations
Typically, performances will not be cancelled due to bad or inclement weather. However, we do take the safety of our actors, volunteers, and patrons seriously. For that reason, if you are traveling from out of town and need to exchange your tickets for a different performance night, please do so in the twenty-four hours prior to the performance. Refunds will not be granted on account of weather if the performance remains open. If weather conditions are bad enough to warrant a closure or cancellation, all tickets for that event will either be moved to a different night or refunded. Decisions about cancellations will be made the day of the performance and posted by email, on Facebook, and on the website.